Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie 46: Classic Banana Bundt Cake


When I first joined Tuesdays with Dorie, I noticed there was a whole section dedicated to bundt cakes. So not long after that, I went out and purchased my first bundt cake tin, and it has been sitting in my cupboard ever since! Naturally, I was quite excited when I saw that Mary of The Food Librarian had chosen a bundt cake this week. Now I realise that there isn't really a difference between a normal cake and a bundt cake, but something about that hole in the middle makes it look oh so spectacular!


I was also really glad that it was a banana bundt cake too. For me, banana cake is something I really love, but never make. I'm hoping I don't make this too often from now on either because it has so much butter and sugar, and I didn't even bother to use low fat sour cream! The recipe did produce the most luscious banana cake though- soft, moist and extremely flavoursome. I highly recommend you check out the recipe on Mary's blog.

8 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Your cake looks perfect.

Flourchild said...

You got to use your new pan for a kickin recipe! Nice looking cake! I love this recipe, it was so tasty!

TeaLady said...

Cake came out beautifully. Don't you love how bundts come out.

This one was wonderfully moist. Definitely a keeper.

They make somany beautiful pans these days.

Marthe said...

Loved this one: very forgiving recipe!! (I fell asleep whilst baking....)

pinkstripes said...

Yay! A bundt cake. I'm glad it was a success for you.

Bria said...

Glad everyone loved this cake! And yay for bundt pans- we have a heap more to go :)

The Food Librarian said...

Yummy!! Your cake turned out perfect and I'm glad you got to use the wonderful Bundt pan! :) thanks so much for baking along with me this week! - mary the food librarian

Anonymous said...

What a stunning looking cake! If I made that I'd almost not want to cut into it! :)